Wednesday, March 10, 2010

SXSW Preview - Uffie

There are tons of wonderful acts coming in from France this year. Among them, Uffie really sparks my curiousity.

//via SXSW//
I don't know why, but she reminds me of Lilly Allen/Amy Winehouse in that "good enough musician but probably annoying as crap in real life and you can kind of tell" sort of way. I actually saw both Lilly Allen and Amy Winehouse at SXSW 2007, and their live performances were indeed all they were chalked up to be - lukewarm meditations of overblown egos. I can't seem to get myself to bother too much with either of the two lately (or since the last three years, for that matter). Maybe it will be the same case with Uffie?

I do keep hearing about her from many different European outlets, so I'm eager to experience her Euro Trash-tastic pop offerings either way.

Sched:
  • Wed 17th @ Emo's annex, 1 AM
  • Thur. 18th @ Klub Krucial (Emo’s East), 1:30 PM
  • Fri. 19th @ Mohawk Patio, 11:30 PM  

No comments:

Post a Comment