Thursday, March 4, 2010

SXSW Preview - The xx

I'm really glad London-based The xx will be playing a few free SXSW shows on days that I'll be in Austin. I'm really digging their multi-vocal, breathy, synthy tunes. Theirs was a band that I almost got into last year but didn't get around to until this year because I somehow got them confused with this British band. Believe me when I say my confusion knew no bounds regarding all the hype around The xx until I figured out I had the wrong band. Oh, hilarity.


  

Here is their schedule so far:
  • Thursday, March 18 @ Babelgum Lawn Party at the French Legation at 6pm
  • Thursday, March 18th @ Mohawk Patio at 1 am
  • Friday, March 19 @ La Zona Rosa, some point between 12pm – 5pm
  • Saturday, Mar 20 @ Central Presbyterian Church at 12:30 am

No comments:

Post a Comment