Friday, March 5, 2010

SXSW Preview - Efterklang


Well, apparently it's Scandinavia day today. Heck, everyday should be Scandinavia day; bring on the smørrebrød!

 Anyway, Danish band Efterklang ranks highly on my "wanna see" list for SXSW this year. When I first heard about them through some Danish friends, I decided they sounded like Copenhagen personified and thus liked them right away. Efterklang (which means 'remembrance' in Danish) reminds me of the Fiery Furnaces ever so slightly, in that they share the same ethereal quality of music and dual vocalizations. Also, a good friend of mine tweeted some accolades regarding their performance in NYC recently, which only builds my anticipation to see them live.

Their latest album, Magic Chairs, came out just a few weeks ago, and I definitely advise checking it out. Especially if you are into Grizzly Bear, because these fellas represent 'da Grizz on their label, Rumraket.


 //via c-sides.net//


Schedule: 
  • Mar 18 2010 11:00P Buffalo Billiards - 4AD/Bella Union Showcase w/ Midlake & more
  • Mar 19 2010 2:00P The Music Gym - Danish Day Party @ the Music Gym
  • Mar 20 2010 5:00P End of an Ear (In-store) 


1 comment:

  1. I recently got introduced to them by a friend and now I want to see them live! Their music is amazing and you picked one of their best, in my opinion, to feature on your blog.

    I also like the band image of them, they seem so eclectic. The guy with the pink hoody reminds me of Justin from The Hills.

    ReplyDelete