Friday, March 5, 2010

SXSW Preview - Jonna Lee


OK, I'll admit that last year I didn't listen to enough singer/songwriters, folk rock, alt rock, or really much of anything that didn't have a ridiculous chorus set to cheesy drum machines & synthy-baselines. But this year I have already been drawn more to minimalistic, bluesy stuff. Maybe my mind-grapes are all synthed out?

Anyway, I'm totally, totally in love with Swedish songstress Jonna Lee. She has an amazingly sweet yet powerful voice, and her music is very multi-dimensional. She belts it out with such heart that I can't help but stream her myspace over and over and over all day long. I think she is going to be my more mature,  Swedish Laura Marling this year. Plus, look how cute she is!

 
//via Jonna Lee//



  Lee's Sched, which I can't wait to jump on:
  • Mar 18, 2010 Rooftop at Little Fields Building Terrace
  • Mar 18, 2010 SXSW - live.create. lounge
  • Mar 19, 2010 SXSW Stephen F's Bar
  • Mar 20, 2010 SXSW EXMS/Chambers Showcase

1 comment:

  1. i wonder if youre a fan of her recent material as the lead singer of digital project "iamamiwhoami"?

    if you dont know about her massive musical change:

    www.youtube.com/user/iamamiwhoami

    ReplyDelete