Monday, March 1, 2010

Dutch Uncle


Reason # 365,143,816 why British cinema regularly outcools Hollywood - The badass artwork created by Travis Coburn for the BAFTA (aka British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards; the across-the-pond equivalent of the Oscars) ceremony programs. Coburn, who I think might actually be a California native, is a part of the edgy London-based  Dutch Uncle design firm. His retro, Red Army/Soviet-style interpretations of the 'Best Picture' nominees have been causing some buzzzz. Full catalogue of prints below.

I wonder if attendees were able to choose their program covers? Personally, I would go for Carey Mulligan's adorable half-face next to an apparently hostile yet awesomely zexy retro car (below). But that's just me.


An Education


This one was obviously made for a movie nobody has ever heard of, so I won't bother mentioning it ;)


Hurt Locker


Precious


Up In The Air
//all pics via Dutch Uncle//

No comments:

Post a Comment