Monday, March 8, 2010

SXSW Preview - Miss Li

Oy! I'm continuing Scandinavia...um week? Anyway, Miss Li is another Swedish singer who caught my interest a while ago based on stuff I've been reading about her on NME and other sources. Disclaimer - she has nothing to do with Lykke Li other than country of origin (and some distinctly Scandinavian facial  features, in my opinion).

I have a test tomorrow and don't know too much about Miss Li other than the fact that I really want to catch her live show, so I'll have to direct you to her Wiki page for more info. Just know that she has a fabulous voice that sounds like a less cracked-out AmyWinehouse and clever lyrics that make listening to her just plain enjoyable. Also, she has a great song called "Bourgeois Shangri-La," which might as well be about the bar in East Austin that my friends and I love to frequent.


Her Schedule: 
  • Mar 18 2010 3:00P Threadgills-Roky Ericksons Ice cream social Austin, Texas
  • Mar 18 2010 9:00P Mi Casa-EXMS Showcase Austin, Texas
  • Mar 20 2010 1:00P  Do512 Compound – SXSW Day Party Austin, Texas
  • Mar 20 2010 9:00P Victorian Room, The Driskill Hotell –SXSW Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment