Monday, March 1, 2010

Metallic dreams


Over the past few years, it seems like Stockholm has been quickly rising in the metalworks/jewelry ranks;  with local designers such as Maria Nilsdotter, it's easy to see why.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't just go crazy when I saw her amazingly unique and ballsy accessories. Apparently they are all designed and made by Maria herself- how is it even possible to be house that much creativity and precision in one brain? I'm incredulous, and full of awe and admiration. 

On my must-have list is her Octavia earpiece, below:


//all pics via maria nilsdotter//


Here are some more of her pieces that make my heart pound FAST:


Feather & claw ring, blackened silver with ruby, diamond & black diamond


rose neck piece/tiara


Charmer Necklace, blackened silver with emeralds and black pearls


Ring made from leftovers


Mike & Topsey Necklace, gold plated and blackened silver

She runs a fairly cozy operation for the time being, but with an exclusive line at Swedish retailer WhyRed and a feature in this month's Swedish Elle, she'll likely become a more prominent player in Scandinavian jewelry market soon.

This of course means two things:
- I must try and snatch one of her items if I make it to Stockholm this summer (assuming of course they don't already fetch the cost of an arm, leg & ear for me).
- If Stockholm is a no-go, I'll have to wait until she really blows up and I can maybe buy her pieces at Urban?

1 comment:

  1. i want all of these. all of them. that feather claw ring and feather clip earring just made me tear up.

    ReplyDelete