Monday, March 29, 2010

I need to visit Poland ASAP


I'm consistently amused when I see foreign posters for American film. This ad for "The Hangover" circulated around France last summer and would always inspire a chuckle or more from me, based on my perception of its absurdity.




Well, any ideas I had about the humor of these reinterpretations were put into place when I saw Cracked's list of outlandish international posters for American films; these gems run the full range from "haha those crazy foreigners!" to "Wow, are they even talking about the same movie??" Turns out, Eastern Europe, circa the 80s really had the craaaaaazy-ass interpretations thing goin' on. They have some real off-the rocker posters over in the region, but it seems Poland had a desperate need to claim the "WTF?" cake.

Some of my favorites - all of which are of course from Poland - below.


Now with 50% more puking?



Isn't this supposed to be some wacky comedy about some screwball kids whose boss dies, which causes them to engage in a series of cover-up shenanigans? Or is it a movie about Soviet-era optical surgery as performed by stout fingers?? I'm confused.


Wow. Just....wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment