Monday, February 8, 2010

Sweet like Wine. You will be Mine.

It's a rainy day in Austin and I have a test tomorrow. Once I peel myself away from Internet distractions, I will plant myself into a little corner at a local cafe, where Audiology texts will regale me with their insight on Otoaccoustic Emissions and proper protection of the Cochlea. Austin admittedly has a rather lovely selection of coffee shops. But I still wish there was an Les Cookies d'Emilie (Emilie's Cookies) within, oh, road-tripping distance.

Emilie's is this wonderous cafe/bakery that became a daily staple for us during last summer's trip to Nice, France. It was amazing for many reasons, including a Beatles-inspired sandwich menu, Nutella hot chocolate (probably among the most amazing hot cocoas I have ever had) and a ruffian staff of the nicest tattoo-sporting, French Algerian rap-lovin' Franco hipsters you'll ever meet.

Moral of the post - seek it out if you are ever in the area.


 
(The photos don't do justice to the deliciousness that is Emilie's cookies & hot cocoa, but it's a shot. On that note, happy Monday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment