Thursday, February 25, 2010

My heart won't let my feet do things that they should do


I simultaneously love and hate my latest obsession with mid-size black boots:

-Love it because they look consistently amazing and add an edge to any ensemble; dress,oversized T-shirts, skinny jeans & tunics, these shoes have it all covered.

-Hate it because time time last year, I lusted for a pair of neon high top sneakers, and by the time I finally got them (and a decent amount of $$ later) I decided that I was over it. Being that I am a dresses & skirts kinda gal, I found them to be a hard footwear choice to sustain.

But these industrial-style boots have been embraced with gusto for a couple of seasons now, which puts to rest misgivings I have about whether or not I'll actually end up wearing them much.

Check out a great pair by Mulberry, below.


//via Lovemagazine//



//via altamiranyc//



I think my favorite donner of these boots is the ever-stylish Kaya Scodelario, who can be seen sporting them all over London, including on the tele while playing Effy Stonem. The dichotomy of her tiny frame and the klunky boots is just killer.


//via weheartit//


I think they'll also be a practical & ace footwear choice for the fast-approaching SXSW here in Austin. Holler!

PS- This pic of Kaya is reminding me that I should also invest in more eyeliner/dark eye shadow for spring/summer. And go back to blonde. Serious things to ponder, these are.

No comments:

Post a Comment