Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Dreams In Which You Live


I've carried a sanctuary in my head & heart for years.

I dream of a time, probably many years from now, when I will be older and ostensibly emancipated from the worries of youth; I dream of life in a little hutta (the name given to Scandinavian country homes), surrounded by quaint ponds and all the floras and faunas the region has to offer. I would sit around all day with the closest of friends and family - laughing, listening to records, and baking delicacies. We wouldn't worry about getting fat, being cool, meeting expectations, or being on time.

The country is so beguiling, so unassuming, and so nourishing to the mind. I'd get me a rustic place in the Scandinavian (or Irish or French or German...really, any of these places would work) countryside. Then, I would fill it with cutesy trinkets and flourishes like the ones below.

Each time I have visited Europe, I have experienced a little taste of what this life would be like. It only increases my desire to spend my days, until the very end, in such a haven. All I need are time and money on my side.

Sometimes, I secretly wish I could relinquish the next 10-15 years of my life and fast forward through time if that meant I could get there.


//The first seven photos came from the amazingly talented Olaf S; check out his Flickr here.
The remaining photos are from the equally lovely Dos Family blog.//   

No comments:

Post a Comment