Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Riddle me this

Normally I'm a huge fan of Scandinavian fashion, but sometimes it's over my head. Like, miles above it. For instance, when I visited Norway two years ago, I was so so overjoyed to see many of the populace sporting the stylishly resilient & gender-neutral combo of skinny jeans+black bomber jacket+boots+keffya (or some variation of the sort). But then I began to notice that nearly everyone (9 of 10 people, no kidding) were indeed wearing almost exactly the same thing. It was a fashion homogeneity I had never seen before, and it would have almost been unsettling were it not for the gorgeousity-fest that is the Norwegian peoples.
 More recently though, I can't wrap my head around why singer Robyn is considered to be one of Sweden's top fashion icons of the moment. To wit:


I'm finding it hard to put my confoundedness into words. So I'm going to call on my favorite hawt mess to sum up my feelings:

Seriously. What am  I missing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment