Thursday, February 18, 2010

Power of the Muse


Pics from Tom Ford's latest eyewear campaign hit the internets recently, and I must express my jubilation about the fact that Ford chose to continue his professional relationship with the undeniably fetching Nicholas Hoult.

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical at first, because you can indeed have too much of a good thing. But the Anglo/American duo were resilient in their dedication to perfecting the 1950s/60s vibe, much like they did in the beautiful, melancholy film "A Single Man." (Digression alert: If you haven't seen it yet, I really highly strongly & absolutely recommend it. Go see it, seriously!)

Prior to the official release of "A Single Man," Ford outfitted Hoult in some of his pieces and personally photographed him in a design spread for the October 2009 Out Magazine cover story.


//Pics 1-4 courtesy of The Fashionisto//Last 2 pics courtesy of Out Mag//


It's become a rather interesting muse/artist relationship, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will shape up in the coming years. In the meantime, I shall have to create a massive budget plan so I can get me a pair of fierce shades like the ones in the first pic.

 Anyway, I just flew into Chicago earlier this evening; off to explore a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment