Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ceramics are for lovers

I just finished washing an egregious amount of dishes, thanks to the fact that:

- Most of my free time has been spent catching up on LOST episodes while munching on Cascadian Farms cereal + chocolate soy milk (and by catching up, of course I mean re-watching episodes. I know, I'm gaining nerd points here).
- I love to cook but have poor follow-up cleaning rituals. Which means I had dishes dating back to meals from at least last Thursday (and probably earlier). Yikes.
- I eschewed living in a newer-yet-boring domicile for digs that are older and thus have much more character (yet fewer amenities such as a dishwasher...too bad character can't work a sponge). 

Maybe if I had some housewares by the lovely Jette Arendal Winther, the Danish ceramicist behind the exquisite Arendal Keramik, I'd bee-line to the sink after every meal. 






Just wanted to share these lovely images. I can't read Danish, so I don't get much out of the website (except for the pretty pictures!) but I did see some wares from Winther's 2008 line when I visited Copenhagen. The pieces are just so gorgeous and delicate in person that I would have a hard time using them as anything other than fanciful conversation pieces. Which isn't a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment