Tuesday, May 18, 2010

There's no other way

//via various//


My sound track for finals studying a week ago was a combination of several Blur albums and The Good, the Bad & the Queen. In that spirit, I wanted to give a nod to my Britpop roots, specifically to Damon Albarn and his ridiculous musical experimenting abilities. I'll still never know why he does what he does, and how he is able to do it so well. I mean, in addition to the two aforementioned amazing bands, the man is also the front man for the Gorillaz (whose latest album Plastic Beach is ohhhh so good for my soul!).

I'm thrilled that the band that originally made my 12-year old self fall madly, madly in love with Albarn - Blur - recently recorded a new song! They also performed a mini-tour last year. It's looking like Blur might maybe be the one band from my childhood that I get to see live. Maybe. 
I have my fingers, eyes, legs and armed crossed. Hear my plea, oh Damon!

1 comment:

  1. Damon TE AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLUR ES UNA INCREIBLE BANDA

    ReplyDelete