Thursday, May 20, 2010

I love my sisters on a Saturday night





Some good girlfriends of mine and I had been thinking for a while now that it would be such a fabulous idea to have a garden party of sorts. We finally had the chance to do so last Sunday, with lovely results. We stuffed our faces with finger sandwiches, strawberry short cake, pastries, cupcakes and an assortment of other delicious treats, and washed it all down with mimosas & elderflower cocktails. 

Some of us then played croquet out in the garden while others (like me, lol) lounged around and were spectators, for the most part. The Texas weather was uncharacteristically compliant, and just spending time with this wonderful group of amazing people was just what I needed after a harrowing week of finals. 

We also just laughed at the silliest things that meant nothing at all. Aah, don't you just love moments like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment