Friday, May 28, 2010

Mess up my heart and proceed to tempt me



I saw two genuinely wonderful movies recently: Young Victoria and Nine. Both of them were visual banquets of amazing costumes and had great story lines that played out with just the right amount of theatricality. Also, the casts - OMG the amazingly attractive and talented roster of thespians. Between Marion Cotillard's classy moves and Penelope Cruz's sexy solos, I'm pretty sure I went gay for about 90 minutes.

Also, I'm totally that much more excited about trips to Italy and the UK now! I'm kind of easily excitable.





A little sidenote: My mother and I both swooned over Rupert Friend's turn as Prince Albert in "Young Victoria." Having previously seen him as Mr. Wikham in Pride and Prejudice, I've mainly only seem him in period costumes. I became curious about the guy who was able to nab Kiera Knightly in real life and become her long-term beau. So, I looked up a photo of Mr. Friend in plainclothes.
Ohhhh big mistake:




Dear Lord. Distant cousin of Gollum? Like, seriously those eyes will continue to terrify me for weeks. At least.

1 comment:

  1. girl, i just watched Young Victoria today. lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete