Friday, January 29, 2010

Lovar of the week



Happy Friday! To usher in the weekend, I present to you the first of my series of "Lovar of the week." I'd be lying through my teeth if I said my love for European things does not extend to the menfolks. It does, it does, oh my it does. A cheeseburger is a cheeseburger unless it was handed to you by a gentleman gifted with a regal old-worldly British or romantic French or even a slightly stoic Scandinavian accent. In which case, it becomes a zexy cultural artifact that a fascinating gent just bestowed upon you.
(In fact, the name of this blog, Accent Goggles, refers to the term a friend of mine gave to coolness factor of culture, places and men being elevated based on their being international in origin. We all know this to be true to some degree ;))

Anyway, my first lovar of the week is British dude Matthew Goode. I first saw him about a year ago, lookin' all good 'n posh in the remake of Evelyn Waugh's novel Brideshead Revisited. I saw him again recently in a terrible TERRIBLE sappy rom-com called "Leap Year," that was full of plot-holes and insults to the intelligence. However, I can almost guarantee ridiculous repeat viewings based solely on the gorgeous Irish country scenery and of course Matthew Goode's lovely mug. Then literally the next day, I saw him yet again (much to my pleasant surprise) using a Yank accent to do evil things as Ozymandias in "The Watchmen." After watching these three films, at least I know this dude can act.

I could of course also be partial to Mr. Goode (above and right below) due to the resemblance he bears to my absolute bestest guy friend (second photo, below):





Either way, hawtness abound. Mkay, time for free margs and Mexican food to kick off the weekend properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment